Monday, May 18, 2009

Hollyhock

I actually had a hollyhock come up from seed. I pointed it out to my husband before we went away. Next to an old dead tree stump, the little sprout seemed to want to be moved. I asked where he thought I should put it, and his response was, Leave it where it is. It's fine.

Today my husband cut it down, all of a sudden believing it to be a weed. And when I got angry, he advised that I show less anger, as he had tried to do when our son lawn-mowered some plants of his about 10 years ago.

The thing is, our son didn't advise him, if he had wanted to move his plants, to leave them right where they bloody well were. And my husband is not a child, in need of coaching and parental instruction.

Do you know how hard it is to grow flowers from flipping seed?

No comments:

Post a Comment