Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Aaaugh

I just took my first practice Miller Analogies Test, and I got a 69%. That's a D! And here I was, thinking I was pretty smart.

It has been a busy week. I applied for one scholarship last week and one this week. I have put together my application for graduate school, requested transcripts from three colleges, and scheduled my sitting for the MAT. For tomorrow morning. Aaaugh!

I'm reading the appendices from the study guide, and not remembering a single name from mythology, trying to devise a formula for remembering what a rod is in measures and how that relates to a mile, and wondering why I've never heard of a gill (capacity) before. A pint is 4 gills, apparently. A barrel is 31 gallons. Honestly, why on earth would it be 31?

1 comment:

  1. I know you are brilliant and I am sure there is not single test to gauge your incredible heart or your intuition with the kids.
    I also know how much you have had on your plate lately and think if you retake the test in a less stressfull time period you would do fine.
    I know you possess the tools needed for what you want to do, you are naturaly gifted with them. You should just relax and let those gifts shine during the test.
    However some may say I am biased.

    ReplyDelete