Monday, May 4, 2009

Latte

Yesterday morning we walked across the street to Island Perks. A new employee made my chai latte, which tasted like a mocha. I took it back up to the counter, reported the problem, and found that it had a shot of espresso in it. Her mistake, not mine.

We bought the first five days' worth of Everything We'll Need. I grabbed every OBX publication I could find: Coastland Times, Outer Banks Sentinel (Thu and Sun), island-specific surveys of Hatteras and Ocracoke, and classified and real estate periodicals. I got to reading while Vic went down to the beach to fly kites.

Have I said yet, the beach is right outside our living room? I so love the sound of the waves. I'm sleeping like a baby.

At lunchtime we stopped at the Sandbar & Grille. I had tuna, Vic had crab. We picked up a Speedo for Vic. :)

At dinnertime I made a tomato-garlic pizza and the asparagus dish with its recipe below. That was some yummy asparagus. And I love being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment