Friday, April 13, 2012

Stoborough for lunch, mmm

We intended to head back into Wareham once the tank of our Vauxhall was full. However, I liked the idea of eating, just once, under a thatched roof. We agreed to read the menu--if it proved to be another steak-&-ale-pie and gammon-&-mustard pub, we were not going to bother.

The menu astonished: venison, sea bass, local cheeses, smoked halibut! This is the sort of pub food that I remember. Plus, it had Wi-Fi. :)

I debated getting the chicken liver pate for starters, but not being sure that I LIKE chicken liver pate, I went Comfort Food and got cheesy garlic bread. Vic went for the smoked halibut and loved it. He had a cheese-&-onion sammy for his main, and I had one of the most fresh and delicious fish dishes that I've ever had: sea bass in a chive cream sauce with mussels, on a bed of samphire (sea asparagus). It's a shame you can't see the samphire; it was divine. That bun-looking thing is a potato cake.


Throughout Dorset, the thatched roofs had extraordinary detail. I saw one (no pic, sadly) that featured a peacock tail!








The Kings Arms even had a resident kitty.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment