Friday, June 3, 2011

Therapy

I applied for a few jobs by email on Tuesday morning. By 5pm that day, one of the email IDs had asked me to schedule an interview for Wednesday. I did so, went to Boston for the interview, and got the job. The offical title: Behavior Therapist.

I hope that I actually want this job. I'm beginning to suspect that the company's president had a hole in her staff that she wanted to plug. She assured me that I would "love" working with the mentor assigned to the case. That mentor made a commitment to phone me on Thursday at 11:30am, then phoned me two and a half hours after that time. At the very moment I had twice told her I would be starting my last NFI workday. Twice told her. My sister had told her once, and I had told her twice. She said that the company president had praised me to the skies, and now she wanted to know what was "real."

Meanwhile, the company president wants me to produce my Social Security card or my birth certificate in support of the I-9 (Homeland Security paperwork that asserts my citizenship). When we had floods in 2006, that paperwork bit the dust. I do, however, have my passport, which my research tells me is all that I need. Not according to the company president. So now I'm leaving to go apply for a new Social Security card -- it looks like all I'll need for that is my passport!

No comments:

Post a Comment