Friday, June 10, 2011

Shades of pink





Numerous of my peonies are pink, from shell pink right through to a purpled magenta. I have one that is allegedly white, but it looks pink to me. Some entire peony bushes full of buds have not yet opened, which means that next week should be as lovely as this week has been. However, one peony needs to be moved; it's been here three years and remains tiny, plus it has shown only tiny buds that don't open. There's a word for that, wish I could remember what it was.

The mountain laurel (now that I have identified it) is true pink and provides a nice counterpoint in the middle of the yard to all the purpley blue. I anticipated a color injection from the non-blooming peony mentioned above, but the laurel makes up for it. The laurel and peony are both at the bridge in the center of the back yard. That peony is moving to the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment