Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Application

By the way, I did apply for some of those jobs I was talking about before. Got a call back on one the other day, too. However, it turns out that they employ a method that my recent class in ethics (where ABA is concerned) roundly denounced. I didn't feel comfortable proceeding.

ABA is dedicated to evidence-based practice...which makes my current supervisor's comment over the summer, that she finds that "often evidence-based practices don't work," stand out. If a practice does not work, then there won't be evidence of positive effects, with proof that the practice itself causes those positive effects (necessary in ABA). Will there? Exaggeration of effects or fudging the proof is supposed to be disallowed.

I'm feeling unsure that, ethically, I can even justify working where I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment