Friday, November 15, 2013

Five Pieces

With the caution that glass collecting was prohibited, I nearly failed to collect any. But I guess I am a junkie.

Later, at the museum, I discovered that it *is* in fact legal and acceptable to collect glass below the mean tide line. Perhaps I would have spent more time carefully selecting pieces or scrutinizing every inch of beach, if I had known. But I feel like what I gathered was representative: in no more than 5 minutes, I found a yellow and a cornflower blue, without even looking for them. And the whites were everywhere.


Victor, of course, found his rocks. He always looks for 'black' glass, which is usually mistaken for rocks and pebbles. Black glass is actually very dark green or brown. These pieces are not quite dark enough to be black but certainly look like rocks.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment