Sunday, March 6, 2011

Is This Incompetence?

My mother is on her way back to Beverly Hospital. Two siblings visited today, separately, and each noticed that -- for the fifth or sixth day in a row -- she was mysteriously very sweaty. This was brought to the staff's attention on Thursday.

Today she refused to let her daughter manipulate the bed so that she could sit up. Then, when my brother visited this evening, she could not move her right side. This scares me a great deal.

Why is it that visitors, and not the people who are paid to work with my mother, find these things and report on them? My brother had to make a fuss, by the family's report, before staff agreed to take any action on the absence of movement on my mother's right side. So now I sit by the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment