Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thugs

Today mom said (again) that "thugs" came into her room and were pushing her around. When I reminded her that they need to re-position her every two hours and that nurses do it, she did not accept the explanation. She rejected the idea that the men were nurses, because, silly, they were men.

It's difficult because she is astonished, and not happy, that this is her reality: powerless, still, with 'thugs' doing as they wish with her. If she didn't scold me for "trying to confuse" her, maybe *I* could think straight while I'm there.

Staff told me that she had refused to be transferred to a chair, so I spoke about her need to exercise. She responded with, "Don't be ridiculous. I've been up and about all day, I've been making a pie."

No comments:

Post a Comment