Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two Fat Ladies

I'm so excited that the Two Fat Ladies have reappeared in my cable lineup. A new channel, the Cooking Channel, is now just below the Food Network, and =two= episodes of Fat Ladies are on this evening. Lovely. (I know that one of the fat ladies has died in the years since taping. I'm just so happy that the show, at least, has been resurrected.)

Some of the best things I've observed tonight: Touting how "lean" game is (in this case, pheasant), while lining the pan in which it's cooked with "streaky bacon." One asking the other about a reputed ancient desire to be a nun--the lady receiving the question, with a butt in one hand and a martini in the other, shouting, "NOooo, nevah!" The two greeting a Scottish huntsman with the words, "Have you got more guns?" One of them sniffing crushed juniper berries and exclaiming, "MMMmm, just like a gin and tonic."

The two fat ladies, probably in their 50s or 60s, arrive on a motorcycle with a sidecar. And they gave me a great idea about a cool tomato pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment