Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Plumbing

So Vic approved the price on some plumbing work, which depends on us removing a tiled vanity from the downstairs loo. I went and made a deposit yesterday morning and was told that the work will start on Wednesday or Thursday.

I started to separate tile from vanity yesterday, but I had to stop because I needed a dust mask (seriously). About half the tile came off, so the project is well under way. We have to preserve the tile because the walls are tiled, and a smaller vanity increases exposed wall.

Before I got back down to tile removal this morning, around 8:30, the plumbers showed up. We told them they were early but that they could tackle moving the "water closet"... we need a bit more time to de-tile the vanity! But moving the toilet, as requested, will make it abut the existing vanity, on the side where the remaining tiles are stuck.

Why isn't anything simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment