Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I was told by an endocrinologist that she was going to run a test for Cushing disease. This was 3 weeks ago. I have twice submitted sample sets, and both times was told that the samples could not be processed. It's a long story that I think could be related to how rare this disease is: The lab has guidelines, the kits come with directions, physicians understand certain protocols. When these three do not line up, you encounter intense frustration, as the would-be patient.

The day I saw the endocrinologist--hoping she would look at my thyroid function--I had never heard of Cushing disease. I worked the rest of my day. I had dinner with an old friend and stayed late, laughing and listening. I got home and said goodnight to my husband. Then I looked up Cushing. You know when people say the hair on the back of their necks stood up? They got chills down their spines? Time stood still?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Why Cushing?

No comments:

Post a Comment