Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hatteras, Hatteras Island






We were supposed to go to New Orleans during May -- my husband's national business meeting was being held there. That meeting got canceled, and so we decided that we are going back to Hatteras.

It has been two years since we were last there! I need to go through recipes to plot out our menus. I need to begin a packing list. I need to start a countdown to departure. I am so ready to get this trip under way.

This time, we are staying the furthest south we have every stayed: in Hatteras, the last community on the island. Hatteras is the point of ferry departure for Ocracoke (next island). Ocracoke is the point of water-taxi departure for Portsmouth (next island, deserted, with astonishing beachcombing). Above are pics of the actual property. It has both a sea view and a sound view.

No comments:

Post a Comment